Important Factors to Think About When Choosing a Flight School
Clearly, your aviation career decision is an important one, but it is also vital to choose the best flight school for your training and education. The decision should not be taken lightly: there are many factors to consider, and they can impact your career.
- Quality of Courses and Instruction: Is it an accredited academy? Phoenix East Aviation is a nationally accredited airline pilot training school. Our approximately 60 flight instructors have all been trained to the highest FAA standards; they reflect the internationalism of the academy and come from all over the world.
- Experience: Since 1972, Phoenix East Aviation has built a successful academy that is well managed and financially secure. PEA has continued to train pilot candidates for airlines around the world.
- Aircraft training fleet: It is also important to know ahead of time what type of aircraft with which you will be training. You don’t want to find yourself flying aircraft for your flight training that are not current with today’s avionics equipment. At Phoenix East Aviation, we have over 35 new and late-model Cessna C-172S and Diamond DA-42s.
- Graduates being offered airline jobs: Does the pilot school that you are considering have a track record of success for their graduates? It’s not enough to just graduate from a pilot training school with your certifications; there will be, as in all industries, competition for the best jobs. Phoenix East Aviation has a long list of graduates who are now flying for commercial airlines, cargo operations and charter companies, along with the government and corporations flight operations throughout the world.
- Cost of flight training: When looking at different pilot training schools, the overall cost of training, along with the time that will be required to complete the program, are other important factors. At Phoenix East Aviation, we are value and competitively priced among U.S. training schools; Did you know that typical European training schools will cost you twice as much as Phoenix East – and take you twice as long to complete?
- Weather: Along the coast in central Florida, the weather is ideal almost every day of the year for flying. Schools located in colder weather parts of the world may have many no-fly days to bad weather. This prevents students from finishing their training programs as quickly as possible. Don’t you want to begin your aviation career as soon as you can? Of course!
Find out more by going to http://www.pea.com/. A career as an airline pilot could be just for you – start your training now.