Sometimes prospective flight training students ask when the next Phoenix East Aviation pilot training class starts. That's an easy answer, because new ground school classes start every month -- that's 12 a year!
There are four ways to start the flight training application process to Phoenix East Aviation:
1. Telephone: 1-386-256-0703 from 8:30am-5pm Florida, U.S.A.
2. Internet: www.pea.com
has an on-line application form.
3. Mail: Phoenix East Aviation, 561 Pearl Harbor Drive, Daytona Beach, Florida, U.S.A. 32114.
4. Fax: 1-386-251-6842 the on-line form.
To enroll in Phoenix East Aviation, all students must:
1. Complete your application form (preliminary application can be found at www.pea.com
2. Send a copy of your drivers license or pilot certificate, if you have one. (Don't worry if you don't have one; it is not required.)
3. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY: If you already have any pilot certificate that is from a non-English speaking country, it is strongly recommended that you have an official translation of it before arriving at Phoenix East. This is so you don't have to wait to begin your pilot training. Also, we advise you how to have your certificate converted to an FAA certificate. Doing this as soon as possible will allow you to start flying in the U.S. more quickly.
4. Send copy of your current FAA medical, if you have one. If you do not have one, you can complete your FAA medical when you arrive in Florida; it is required to have only before you start flying.
5. If you do already have a private pilot's license, send Phoenix East a copy of the last two pages of your log book.
6. Send a copy of your passport or birth certificate.
7. Send a non-refundable application fee of USD$50 for U.S. citizens and U.S. nationals or $350 for international students.
8. After you arrive at Phoenix East for flight training, you'll have need to have a TSA ID badge, to allow you access to the air field. Phoenix East will coordinate this for you prior to starting training.
9. You will need health/accident insurance. You must show proof of having that -- or if you do not have it, you can easily purchase it through Phoenix East when you arrive.
10. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY: Provide a letter from your bank, showing that you have adequate funds to cover the cost of tuition fees and living expenses. This is required by the U.S. government to process your visa application.
Questions? Contact a knowledgeable Phoenix East Admissions Officer via www.com
or call directly at 1-386-258-0703.